My Guide Website?
Rum Cooking Class & Tasting1 Reviews
Learn the history of rum and its use in various foods from around the Caribbean. Prepare all the recipes and then eat lunch on our veranda overlooking the Caribbean Sea. Rum tasting included!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cuba:If youʻre booking your trip to Cuba last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn about the various uses of rum as you cook
- Taste 6 different rums from Antigua and Guyana to Martinique and Cuba
- Enjoy a three-course lunch
DescriptionJoin a cooking class in a local home high on a hill overlooking the Caribbean Sea. This gives you a beautiful view and an opportunity to experience life the Caribbean way. The class is more of a local experience than a simple cooking class. Classes are taught hands-on or can be as laid-back as you wish. Your host and teacher, Nicole, teaches her classes in a very informal way explaining the history of the food and telling stories about living in the West Indies. Nicole will discuss the various uses of rum in the starter, the main and dessert and then you will enjoy a three-course lunch that includes all the recipes for the class. The history of rum starts in the Caribbean around the 17th century. During this cooking class, you will learn from a local about the history and influence of rum on the Caribbean, its culture and its cuisine... and get to participate in a rum tasting of 6 regional rums too! A typical menu includes: Cocktails: a local juice and Nicole's Old-Fashioned Rum Punch Starter: sweet potato soup with rum Main course: rum and brown sugar marinated flank steak and onion jam Sides: plantains wrapped in bacon, red beans and rice, and a garden salad Dessert: bread pudding with rum-soaked raisins and a butter rum sauce or a butter rum cake
IncludesHands-on training Meals Drinks Recipes booklet A fantastic cooking experience in a Caribbean home overlooking the Caribbean Sea!
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements (especially food allergies) at time of booking
- Hand washing is required, and you will also be required to wear a mask if you have flu-like symptoms
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The minimum drinking age is 18-years-old
- Classes are taught hands-on or can be as laid-back as you wish
- Classes start at 11:00 and usually end around 15:00, perfect for any cruise or hotel guest
- All recipes depend on the season and availability